Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Interview by Mercedes Fox

Mercedes Fox, a fellow Goodreads author and lover of all things werewolf, was nice enough to interview me on her blog (even though my novel is remarkably werewolf-free). I talk writing process, indie publishing and, oh yes, more about my novel. This is probably the longest blog interview I have done, so it definitely has some information I haven't covered before.

_________________________________________________

Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured? 

Generally speaking, my ideas and even specific scenes come to me early in the morning. Since I have a day job and family obligations, I usually don’t get to actually sit down and write until about 10 PM or so. It’s not necessarily a bad thing because often my subconscious will work the idea over all day, and by the time I’m at my computer it has evolved into something different. This can be either very frustrating of a lot of fun (usually both!), but I think in the end it makes for a more interesting result.


How do you think you’ve evolved creatively? 

The biggest challenge for me has been to learn to accept that no matter how well I might have planned the scene or a whole chapter, my characters might decide to do something different, and I will have to adjust my plotlines accordingly. I am generally a very controlling person and like everything to be predictable, but when it comes down to writing, I now realize that I need to go with the flow.

Read the rest of the interview here.

________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment